Winfrey Point is a plot of land with a deep history. Sited on the east shore of White Rock Lake this acreage began as a Civilian Conservation Corps camp from 1939 - 1942. The Us Army used it as a training camp from 1942 - 1943. A tall fence was then constructed and the barracks were converted into a German POW camp 1943 - 1945. After the war the Southern Methodist University used it briefly for student housing 1946 - 1947. In 1957 after a group of students blew up one of the barracks the remaining buildings were removed. It's now a baseball field over.
Winfrey Point 950 E. Lawther dr. Dallas TX.
Copyright 2012, Brad Ford Smith.