The Grand Central Theater opened its doors in 1919 it was advertised as “The First Negro Moving Picture Show in Dallas”. Owner John Harris teamed up with early African American film producer Oscar Micheax to produce numerous “Colored” films. The building was torn down when the City of Dallas widened Central Expressway. 405 – 407 N Central Expressway, Dallas TX.
Copyright 2012, Brad Ford Smith.